Summer is coming! The weather is quite nice here in Paris and there's one thing that we're quite excited about: the release of Abyssale version 1.10 - Melon edition! 🍈
We've been quite overwhelmed since our latest "official" changelog. A lot of changes are currently happening @Abyssale, and we can't wait to tell your more about it!
Our focus for this v1.10 was mainly around improving the Abyssale template builder and adding new generation features to the platform.
If you'd like to get the latest news & updates about Abyssale, then you should consider joining our Facebook community !!
Join us today and get weekly updates and insights about the platform, share your visual marketing challenges with other marketers, and of course discuss with the Abyssale team!
Abyssale template builder v2
Creating templates on Abyssale should be intuitive! This is why we've deployed a huge UI (User Interface) redesign that will allow us to push even more great features in a near future!
This new builder should help our users with little design skills to start creating great templates right away! We did not forget our fellow pro-designers with the addition of more "traditional" design features as well 😉
So, what's actually new?
New text-decorations options
Underline, line-through, mixed colors, mixed font-weight, ... You're now able to select one part of your text content, and apply a specific decorations to a couple of words. These text decorations options are available via API and the Abyssale Feed as well 😎
New layer hiding options
You can now hide specific layers on specific formats! This allows you to create even more specific format variations within the same template, without having the headache of fitting every single layers on all dimensions.
This option is pretty useful if you're looking to create banners on very different format dimensions and have to include different types of content that would be available on only one format instead of others.
New font manager
You can now preview fonts before selecting one of them.
New shadow features
You can now add shadows to texts, shapes, images, buttons, ...
New Multiple layers options
You can now select & move multiple layers at the same time!
For all the power-user out there, we've added new shortcuts to the builder such as:
- Copy/Paste (⌘cmd or ctrl + c/v)
- Duplicate (⌘cmd or ctrl + d)
- Select multiple layers (Shift + left click)
- Move the current "artboard" (Hold Space + drag left click)
- Delete (Backspace).
New zooming options, a handy little move button, new template settings preferences, ...
Abyssale Dynamic Image
Generating images from a template is a neat feature, but sometime you'd like to dynamically update a banner content without using the Abyssale API.
This is why we've added the ability to generate dynamic & personalized marketing images/banners using simple URL parameters.
This new feature allows you to update your banner content in real time by updating the image URL parameters. It can be used in many ways including:
- Sending personalized images to each recipients of your next emailing campaign by pulling datas from your contact lists.
- Generating banners that can contain real-time data (ie: weather forecast, stock price variations, and many more...)
- Dynamically generating OpenGraphs images for all your website pages
- And many more use-cases we'd love to hear about!!
You can check our first tutorial for this new feature in our blog:
Other improvements, changes & fixes:
We've also published a couple of fixes improving the overall experience of the platform including:
We've updated Abyssale's pricing to reflect our new offering. As you may not know, a "legacy" system allows our early-users to keep their "old plans" without having to update their account to the new pricing options. You can see this in your account settings.
We've also added an annual subscription option, allowing our users to get 20% off their annual plans. You can check Abyssale's new plans on our pricing page.
- .webp images are now supported
- Images upload: Max filesize = 5mo (vs 3mo)
- New statuses notifications added for file rejection
- Uploaded images are now automatically compressed
- .webp images are now supported
- Abyssale engine enhanced rendering speed (x3 on average)
- Non-latin character support (Russian, Chinese, Greek, Japanese, Korean, ...)
- And more... All new changes to the API are visible on Abyssale dev portal
If you encounter any bump on the road please let us know!
Every single feedback greatly help us improve the platform quality and provide you with the best experience possible.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback you can reach us on the following networks: